The decision to enroll in a recovery program is a personal one, and it takes a massive amount of courage to begin. However, it becomes a whole new chapter of your life, full of opportunities when you take the first step. Drug addictions are a burden that affects everybody around you, including your friends and family. It simply starts with a single sip of alcohol or a single injection of a hard drug. Once you are hooked, it becomes challenging to get yourself out. When you get accustomed to a drug, the brain becomes adapted because of the influx of chemicals, which lead to addiction. Once you are addicted, you must seek help from a wellness center with a suitable recovery program. The programs usually take a few weeks or months, depending on the severity of your condition. However, once you get out, you will become a productive member of society again. It is hard for a person to admit they are addicted, especially when friends and family point it out. There are several signs that you might be addicted to drugs. These signs include;
- Slurry speech
- Quick to anger
- Constant debts as a result of increased expenses
- Depression, fever, and seizure
- You detach from friends and family
- You become drug-tolerant, and you require a higher dosage to feel the effect
The first and essential part of the recovery program is the detoxification process. The drugs need to be removed from your system. Thus, it would be best if you found a well-equipped detox facility. You may experience some withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, shaking, depression, irritability, and stomach cramps, a few hours when you stop using the drugs. It is essential to start immediate treatment as withdrawals can be very painful. At a detox center, some programs involve inpatient and outpatient services that are tailor-made for each individual.
Significance of inpatient services
- The services are supervised since you will be enrolled in the center
- The patient is monitored very closely since it is a highly structured environment with staff and doctors around.
- The team are at your disposal during the transformation from detox to a rehabilitation program
- Even though it may sometimes be costly, an insurance company can cover the program costs.
Significance of outpatient services
- You will have emotional support from friends and family since you will be going home at the end of the day
- There is a scheduled program that allows you to visit the facility for treatment
- There are fewer restrictions on access to the drugs, and there is no close supervision
A general overview of a recovery program
Orientation and assessment
This is where the staff will assess your addiction’s severity as the therapist designs a program for you. The doctor evaluates the damage to the body.
Physical detoxification and monitoring
After you are done with the assessment, the detoxification program begins. Those with severe withdrawal symptoms are treated with Lexapro, which is known as an antagonist on some effects of the addictive drugs. It has the same effect as hard drugs, only that it has no side effects. At this stage, the patient must be completely isolated from friends and family to focus on treatment and recovery.
Therapy is usually done to help occupy the mind and body and prevent relapse. It can be done as a group or individual therapy. It is vital, especially in long-term treatments. There are some detox kits available in the market, which some prefer. However, they are not safe because of the following reasons;
- There is no monitoring; thus, high chances of relapse
- There are ingredients in the drugs that are harmful to the patient’s health
- They may give faulty results as some drugs are designed to dilute urine, indicating the absence of the substance
Click here for more information.